Friday, May 12, 2023

2004 Trek Madone 5.9 SL with Campagnolo Record

 








I purchased this frame about a year ago in the midst of a "Trek" kick, which lasted several months. I brought it out of storage a couple weeks ago and just finished the build a couple of days ago. I suppose I was chasing the seller's remorse from my sale of my 2005/2006 Discovery Channel Trek 5.9, which was such a fun, great bike to ride. 

This frame came to me from a fellow vintage bike enthusiast, and yes, one could argue that an early 2000s carbon fiber (gasp!) bike does NOT qualify as a vintage racing bicycle, to that I say - Phletph! It's my site! :D

I removed components from my Time VXRS ULTeam Tom Boonen Special Edition (I challenge you to find a longer name for a bicycle) and am selling that frame RIGHT NOW, if you're interested. 

The black Campy Record group with the black/blue Andromeda paint scheme on this bike is stunning, if I do say so, myself. 

And no - it's not for sale at this time. I'll post it on my my VRB Facebook page if that ever happens, so join and stay tuned. 

In the meantime, you may be wondering how it rides. I have no idea. I need to put pedals on it today and take it for a spin. I envision the ride is like butter. 

Happy pedaling, ya'll!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...