Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ride - For Whatever Reason

Photo from BetterPhotoJim


I just got back from a ride through Long Beach, California. It wasn't meant to be a pleasurable ride, in fact, it was only motivated by the fact that I had to get home from dropping my car off at the mechanic without having to ask my wife to follow me out there at 7:45 AM on a Saturday. Turns out that it was an unexpectedly wonderful little 14 mile jaunt.


I'm so glad I was able to do this ride because it reaffirmed my belief that cycling, for whatever reason, is a great pastime. I'll be honest, the past couple of years have been filled with many activities, but riding hasn't been one of them. For exercise I concentrate on resistance training using weights and push-ups and then cardio using kettlebells. (You can read more about my exercise and eating routines HERE.) Cycling hasn't been part of my routine for a few years now. I've always loved cycling gear and bicycles, so collecting them is great fun for me, but riding has been restricted to just around the neighborhood and short errands. Getting my butt on a saddle this morning was the first step in bringing cycling back into my life. 


In my next post I'll talk about the bike I chose for this ride and why I chose it.


What about you? Do you ride as often as you'd like to? If so, HOW do you find the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...