Saturday, May 5, 2012

1984 Guerciotti





I bought this nearly ten years ago and had Jim and his team at CyclArt in Vista California repaint it with a Category Two finish. I'm very pleased with the results. I't been ridden 12 miles since then, but all that is about to change as I start rotating all my built-up vintage bikes into my weekly rides. I know - it's a crime not to ride these classics, so arrest me. :) 


I have a 1984 Campagnolo Super Record rear derailleur and an era-correct Super Record crankset to put on this as well, so I'll get around to that in the next few weeks. You know, it's a shame when the handlebar tape fades over time and not from use. This bike deserves to be ridden, and it will be. Looking forward to it. 


The Campagnolo Cobalto brakes are in perfect condition - calipers as well as levers. Love those brakes. 


I identified the year from a 1984 Guerciotti catalog I found HERE. Bulgier.net is a great bicycle catalog resource. 


All high res pics HERE


Look for my next post regarding the Cirque du Cyclisme in Leesburg, VA. I can't wait for that bike show. Much thanks to Dale Brown and everyone involved in putting on this yearly vintage bicycle show and rides through the beautiful countryside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...