Saturday, July 14, 2018

1984 Raleigh Super Course - Racing USA

Many more photos HERE. 











I started cycling seriously in the early 1980s - well, seriously-enough for me. I didn't race, but rode a lot with clubs, friends, sponsored rides. Some of the mid-level bikes of that era were heavy, not very pretty, but I always loved the bold graphics and colors of the Raleigh Racing USA series. 

This fine specimen came to me by way of eBay. A local (20 miles away) seller was offering it at a price I just couldn't pass up. I ordinarily collect more higher-end bikes, but this one was so well-preserved, that it simply begged to be brought home. 

Something that I always look for is the condition of the chrome. Since this bike has chrome forks as well as a fully-chromed rear triangle, it was crucial to me that its condition was excellent - which it is. 

Obviously kept clean and dry for the past 35 years, this bike has only minimal cosmetic damage. A few nicely-matched paint touch-ups, tiny spots here and there on the chrome, a couple small scratches on the decals... very, very clean. It's been ridden and well-loved. My favorite bikes to collect. :)

You can read more about these Raleighs HERE. 

Many more photos HERE. 

Don't forget to join our FB page and post pics of your own bikes! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...